Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bug me anytime

I was creative this weekend - woo hoo. I had made some cards months ago while traveling for work, but wasn't thrilled with the results. I fixed them up yesterday.

This first one I had used a wonderful paperclip in the shape of a speech bubble. It was too bulky, though, so I dipped into Bill's toolbox for his needlenose pliers to clip off the inside part of the embellishment. The phrase piece I recreated onto a new piece oh-so-carefully cutting it out using the Coluzzle blade.

The base of the card is Bazzil paper with an awesome textured pattern. I have used the same Bazzil paper in beige to look like pages in a book from a Quickutz die. The second layer is rounded off using Creative Memories corner rounder. (I have a new Stampin Up corner rounder on order with my mom. Can't wait to get it.) For flair, I included one final gold, swirly, vellum layer to the card before embellishing - rounding the corners again.


The "Bug me anytime" stamp is one in the same with the ladybug. The Prima flowers are centered with Candy Cane stickles. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig for proper placement. The ladybug I colored in with the Stampin Up watercolor pencils and blender pens.

This ribbon was just too sweet to let it go, even as a remnant. I've used it in other projects, including the balloon card you can see in my first blog entry and available on etsy.

Check back tomorrow for the other fixer upper.

No comments: