Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind...

Well, according to this card, they are drifting. This is card #2 from my over night stay in Milford last month. My mom loves these little vellum sayings - I can understand why. They are great for me when I am on the road since I don't have access to my printer for making my own on the spot.



I went a little corner-rounder crazy on this one. It's just such a fun tool! Kind of difficult to work with tiny strips of paper, but I made it work somehow - after three tries!!

Sadly, though, the mouse and leaves is not from Stampin Up. Just something I found in a bargain bin somewhere in scrapbook store land. But it is cute, isn't it?! I stamped and embossed the leaves on a piece of brown cardstock - same paper used in the "ewe" card shown in the previous entry - and cut them out so they could float on pop dots for that drifting effect.

Thanks to everyone for leaving such wonderful comments on my blog. So very encouraging. Check back tomorrow for one more Milton, CT, card.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Hello... question... What kind of corner rounder do you use? I am about to break up with my Creative Memories one. Just about broke my fingers today. Probably just need a new one! You are so talented. Inspired by your blog. Thanks!

Jenny said...

Response to Julie's question - per a recommendation from my mom (studiobeecreation.blogspot.com) during her pre-Stampin Up days, I did purchase and still use a Creative Memories corner rounder. I have found after awhile the blades have dulled. Especially with card stock. I turn the paper over to get a clean cut and smooth corner.
A friend at work bought a small corner rounder from EK Success she just started using - so not much history there.
But, after looking at the SU catalog online - and asking my mom for the page reference - I see the SU paper punch corner rounder is just $6.95! That's definitely going on my next order. The SU punches are just more substantial- better leverage for cutting into the paper.
(Shameless plug alert!!) I am sure my mom would be happy to take your order, too. ;)

Jamie said...

You are so talented and so very creative. Great blog!

Rhonda said...

wow! Your mom should be proud! Came to you through her site. You guys do some cool things with paper and stamps! I love it. BEAUTIFUL! Rhonda

Alex said...

That is a way cute card - love it! And, yep, the SU! corner rounder ROCKS!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex