Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My first... and second convention

I really do love scrapbooking. But, for Bill and me, it's more than scrapbooking. It's about preserving - or even recreating - memories. One year ago, my mom and I planned to go to the CKC in Nashville, TN, just south of where she lives. Even though I made this page for myself, I thought of my mom when I picked the paper. She loves polka dots.


After having gone to the convention with Mom in Nashville, I just had to go to the convention north of Boston in Manchester, NH. When I was in TN, I bought a "scraplete" shirt for Bill as a souvenir. He wore it when he went with me to Manchester. Never has a fully clothed man ever gotten so many looks, I think, as Bill that day.

Anyhow, I didn't have room for the booklets from both conventions, so I cut out the Manchester label from that booklet and pasted it onto the Nashville booklet. Cool, huh?

This large sticker had been sitting in my stash for months. Had to go on the page. I also used the same scissor and ribbon motif on a card (posted on Etsy - wink wink) you can see on an earlier post.


The narrative I created in a text box in Word and printed it on sticker paper. (Notice my correction? I've lived in Boston 5 years now after a lifetime in Florida. Still figuring out where all the states are.) Used a brad to attach the wrist bands on the page. Used the same kind of brad to hold together the tickets then tied the same ribbon (above) through the brad.



Here you can see the photo corner holding the booklet. And, the envelope holding the tickets had the list of classes we took. Cut out that section, distressed it, framed it with a color-coordinating card stock, and pasted here.

Happy scrapping 'til next time.

2 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

M-E-M-O-R-I-E-S...........and you have "captured" them just purrrrrr-fectly...hmmmm whats up with all the CATS references?...dunno...But, I LOVE the layout....and , of course the DOTS!!WHere is the picture of BILL in his t-shirt?...Your scrap ART is so impressive.....love you lots...miss you more....Mommy

joyfullness said...

oooh yes!! Where is Bill in his great tee??? Love your post on the spring time wonders of Boston!!
Love you..me