Monday, April 14, 2008

Have Travel Bag - Will Scrap!!

Well not exactly scrap... but make cards. I have not had an overnight stay in some weeks!! So what took me so long to get these posted? I am a major procrastinator - don't try this at home!!


Every year, ever since I started filing my own taxes, I have filed as soon as I have all my paperwork in the first week of February. This year - April 12. Fortunately, we don't owe any money! Phew!!


Wait a minute... what was I talking about... I was distracted by Bones on Fox - love that David Boreanaz. Plus, it's a great show!


Anyhow, back to the cards... I was in Meriden, CT, this time - mid March - after driving from Boston to the Palisades in NY halfway back to Boston to stay in Meriden two nights. The 1st night I stayed, I came across the HBO miniseries about John Adams. Now I wish we had cable so I could see the whole thing... I'll just have to wait until it comes out on DVD.


So, I will let you decide if the life of John Adams was inspiration or hindrance to the creative card making process.

I bought this paper with the sheep/ewe months and months ago! While I was sifting through the paper, I knew I would make this card one day. Used my Stampin Up scissors to get the close details. Love those things.

I brought this skinni mini Quickutz font along because - well - it's skinni mini! Wrapped the ribbon around the brown card stock. Glad I had it in my bag.

Finally, I added the prima flowers in the lower left corner. Unfortunately, I had brought only gold stickles in my bag o' scrappin goodies. I added the stickles after I got home.

I made two other cards this trip. Come back tomorrow to see them.

If you visited from my mom's blog - http://studiobeecreations.blogspot.com - Thank you!Remember, too, to visit my sister's blog - http://joy-full-ness.blogspot.com.

I will be posting this card and the others on Etsy throughout the week... http://kittykards6473.etsy.com.

See you soon!

Jenny

25 comments:

Lissame said...

The creative genes really must run in the family. Great work. Thanks for sharing and your mom is proud of you as she is sending her blog readers to you as well.

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

whoooooooooooowhooooooooooo!!!....Yes, the MOTHER HEN is sooooooo proud!..keep posting, sweetie pea....cant wait for our TRIP to Chi-Town!....love you lots....Mommy

Stampin Cats said...

I love the card. I am so going to case it. My best friend and her sister own a farm and she has lots of sheep. I need to know where to find the sheep image. I'll be back.

CaveGurl said...

I did find your blog through your Mom's blog. hehe I really like the Ewe card! So cute!!

Kathleen Grace said...

What great creations:>)

Meghan said...

Super cute sheep!
You are very talented!!

Southerner said...

Love your card. I came by though your shameless mom plug but so glad that I did.

Scott Franson Photography said...

You do such pretty work !
Claudia
scfranson@charter.net

The Spahn Family said...

I loveeee that sheep!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

I think your family got all my family's talent - love the cards.

Lynn said...

Have you ever sent any cards to Hallmark? I think they would love some of your designs. They don't look homemade. Very clean edges and professional.

Lynn

PS
Your Mom is SOOOOOOOOOO proud of you. Keep up the good work.

The Tomball Three said...

I wish I could scrapbook so well!I try - but it never quite turns out. congrats to you!

Unknown said...

aww that sheep is just adorable!! You have one proud mamma :)

Courtney said...

LOVE your cards! I recently started making and selling cards on Etsy too!

Nanna said...

what cute cards!!

Melissa Lester said...

What a cute blog and creative family! So nice to meet you all!

Unknown said...

I came over from your mom's blog. Of course she's proud.Your cards are beautiful!

Angela

lemostribe@comcast.net

Whitney said...

LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

You have a good Mom -- she sent us over here. Very nice cards.

joyfullness said...

I will leave a comment too!! I don't think i get an entry though!!
C-ewe-tie card!! You can sing AND make cards.... and you are good at math!!!! What in the world!! I love you!...me!

Kelly V. said...

Hi, I'm visiting from your mom's blog. Thanks for the inspiration. You've got some great ideas!

Anonymous said...

very cute!! I see why your mom is so proud!!

Bunny B said...

What a creative family! :) Came from your mom's blog. Cute cards! (The ewe and mouse) :)

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Oh my goodness, cute things you have created - your Mom is right to be proud!

Barb said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bones, too! David Boreanaz is my Hollywood boyfriend for sure! Such cute cards! I'm happy to find your blog!