Monday, April 28, 2008

Taking the Bee Line to Sweet

If you are looking at this blog entry, you may very well have buzzed over here from my mom's blog at http://studiobeecreations.blogspot.com. Her name is Debbie, and frankly I'm surprised she hasn't had it legally changed to Deb-bee.

I found this sweet polka dot bee paper at a scrapbook store I found after taking a wrong turn near Mahopac, NY - http://www.lastingmemoriesscrapbook.com/. I bought a few sheets for mom - which I still need to send to her.

Green is my favorite color - something I should probably be careful about or everything I make will be green. The base of the card is this great pale green generic, textured card stock. The white paper is textured Bazzil rounded off and distressed in green ink. I had used a Coluzzle to cut out the center and ink the inside edge. But, I didn't like the color I had chosen. On Saturday, I cut out the part I did not like - using the Coluzzle again. But then the hole was too big!

My mom had sent me months and months ago some awesome fabric and fiber paper. The yellowish, flowered center piece is cut (again, Coluzzle) from one of those pages to tie in the yellow from the bee with the rest of the card.

The sweet polka dot bee paper I cut to frame the center of the card and distressed the outside edge in brown. The green, stitched ribbon I tied into a bow before using a glue dot to keep it down. The Prima flowers are centered with color-coordinating Stickles.

I used a Stampin Up brass stencil to dry emboss the "Hello!", but didn't like the effect - too subtle. So, I used the same stencil on the front to stencil watermark ink and winter white Stampin Up embossing powder (two passes) to really make it pop from the page.


The bee is a QK double-die 2x2 image where the yellow paper is textured Bazzil. You can just detect the faint striping effect.

Tomorrow's post will show a one-hour scrapbook page I started and finished this weekend. And, oh, it's green. Oh well!

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Well....you KNOW I LOVE this one.....beeeeeeeecause...YOU made it...and of course, beeeeeeeeeeecause it has BEEEEEEES!!!I am so impressed with your ART!....love, Mommy