Sunday, February 3, 2008

Music and Scrapbook Pages - Part 5 - Spacey as Darin

I l-o-v-e Kevin Spacey! He is a fantastic actor - do you know he went to high school with Val Kilmer and Mare Winningham? - and when I discovered he actually had a voice, I was hooked! I first heard him sing That Old Black Magic on the soundtrack for the film Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I was impressed.
Then came the release of the Bobby Darin biopic Beyond the Sea. I know some critics panned the movie, but I bought it hook, line, and sinker! I got the soundtrack and a Bobby Darin CD to make the comparison. Just astounding!
I am a sucker for guys who can sing and act AND look good on screen - like Jesse L. Martin and this guy!

I happened to be looking online one day and found out about this 13-city concert tour. I bought the tickets, called Bill, and told him we were going.

Spacey sang with a small band of a dozen or so. He didn't try to be Bobby Darin - just sing Bobby Darin songs. Since I didn't feel I could do justice to the event with my own words, I copied an article from the local paper and snuck in a picture from the same concert into a Word text box. I also separately printed a color-copy of the same picture to pop up from the text.

This is the first page where I used uncoordinating paper - the bright orange stripes over the black and gold swirly music theme. I used a pair of scissors with a designer edge to soften the brightness of the orange.

From the concert itself, I cut out a piece of the bright pink flyer to use as an embellishment. Again we created our "We sat here" embellishment. Not orchestra seats, but near the front of the balcony anyway.


With so much already going on with the papers themselves, I did not want to go overboard with the embellishments. I added one heat-set embossed image in gold and another in glitter. But the glitter image was so subtle, I offset it with a matching 1/8 note die cut.



Stay "tuned" for the next page for a lesson in rainy day preparedness.

2 comments:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

I LOVE how you ( & Bill...aka: YOUR GUY)...scrap your dates, concerts, trips & travels...altho consecutive, is not my style..it sure works AWESOME for you!...I never would have know about Kevin Spacey's vocal talents if it werent for you....YOU keep me up on the latest BUZZ about actors/singers etc.....I cant wait for the NEXT update!

Alex said...

Cute pages Jenny! thanks for visiting my blog so now I can visit yours! Your mom is a hoot - I just love her! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex