Sunday, February 3, 2008

Music and Scrapbook Pages - Part 7 - Pops goes Soundheim!

I was a huge Sondheim fan before I ever knew he was the genius behind West Side Story! And this performance of the Boston Pops Orchestra and the singers shown here was phenomenal. They performed selections from various Sondheim pieces including West Side Story and Into the Woods.

Symphony Hall only had enough programs to give one to each party. So, rather than include the entire program mounted on photo corners, I cut mine up to create this page.

I used scissors with a decorative edge on two sides of the cover and placed the cover on a coordinating solid. The program pages themselves I placed on the left side of this page using brown ink on the edges to make it pop from the blush-colored musical background.

The pictures I also cut from the program and framed them with solid yellow squares.

A very simple page, I used just a couple of stickers. The final touch was the ribbon with staff lines and musical notes attached to the page with orange brads.



No need to adjust your computer filters for the next posting. This is "spam" you will love.

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

ANother great page layout....but, then again, I am prejudice!..your commentaries are always so informative....and HEY...I recognize that ribbon!!
Can't wait for SPAM...!!!