Friday, February 22, 2008

Music and Scrapbook Pages - Part 12 - Salute to Oscar and Tony

This was a great program - a Boston Pops Salute to Oscar and Tony (as in the awards for film and stage). Once I picked the paper, it really informed how I would decorate the page.


I used brown ink to distress the program pages and make them pop - almost framing them. I also carefully cut some gold sheen paper to shadow and frame the program sheets. I cut the pictures of the two singers and framed them with ribbon and string using brads for one and plastic embellishment notes for the other as "photo corners". I also used Quickutz dies cuts from the left over gold paper almost mimicking the whimsical Boston Pops logo.


The G clef border on the right side of the page was sent to me by my mom and helps add some continuity to the black notes and G clef used on the corners of the one photo.

Picking fonts to use for each page can be a very particular process. I chose what I thought was a fairly elegant and still fun font to write the narrative for this page. But, there was already so much of the white paper with shiny, gold musical staff lines and notes covered by embellishment and decoration, I didn't what the narrative to also cover the paper. So, I printed it on some sticker paper, even choosing red and blue font color for Stars and Stripes Forever.

Remember that sheet music vellum from the Gershwin page (last entry)? I used a remnant of that to additionally embellish the space behind the tickets.


With the next page, I finally discover Stickles!

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

Ya know....if you ever decide to quit your day job...you could go into business making CONCERT EVENT scrapbook pages!!....Each one is better than the last!....I am so proud of you!