Monday, January 28, 2008

Music and Scrapbook Pages - Part 2 - "At The Zoo"

Okay - I admit - this entry has nothing whatsoever to do with the zoo. But it has everything to do with Simon and Garfunkel! This was the 3rd ever scrapbook page I created. I started with the paper - I gave my guy a few options, and he selected this great diagonal stripe.

When The Fleet Center in Boston was still the Fleet Center (it's now called TD Banknorth Gardens - or The Gardens), I heard about the Simon and Garfunkel tour. I spent my 15-minute morning break at work trying to get the best seats I could from Ticket Master the day tickets became available.

The price was high - can you see it in the picture? - but worth it!


And what a treat, too - The Everly Brothers joined them on stage and did a 4- or 5-song set - by themselves and with S&G!
Nothing pops up on this page. I didn't even know pop dots existed. I didn't know a lot of things existed out there, yet. But, to embellish, I found the great "Feelin' Groovy" sticker. I also wanted a way to list the songs they performed without just printing and gluing standard list. I created text boxes in MS Word to include about 3 songs each. (I found a song list from the concert online - I don't have that good of a memory.) I printed out my page of boxes onto a letter-size sheet of label paper. (I think Avery actually has rebranded some of their label paper as sticker paper - same stuff but more expensive!)
The pictures of S&G and the Everly Brothers I found online.
To wrap up our scrapbook moment, we began a tradition we continue (although we aren't very consistent) to this day... We document the location AND where we sat. Here, we have a picture of the Fleet Center in the upper right corner of the page. And above, next to the tickets, you can see a seating chart with an arrow and a dot showing "We Were Here".

And - well - they did perform "At the Zoo" afterall.
Be sure to come back tomorrow for 525,600 great ideas!!

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

OK....I am sooooooo proud of you, and your awesome talent!....Keep on posting...I know everyone out there in BLOGLAND will be inspired with your creativity.....signed, shamelessly, mommy