Monday, September 8, 2008

From the Road: Lesson Learned

Keep all ribbon scraps!! These two cards both demonstrate this important lesson I've learned in my efforts at creating on the road. Especially this "just for you" card. The row of little knots was the perfect accent.


The negative image (from the In Any Event Stampin Up set) is stamped on vellum using classic ink from Stampin Up. The watercolor effect was unintended, but I will use it again. Unfortunately, the "thanks" sentiment did not come out clearly enough to be read. So, I covered it with a lovely piece of textured cardstock edged in brown ink and stamped using the Quickutz Sophisticate set. Finally, the vellum is attached to the same creamy cardstock with large brushed gold eyelets.



With this card I was going for understated. The paper itself is busy enough without accenting it too much. I began with the brown center - a scrap!! I knew I wanted to use the marigold yellow to tie it the paper's color theme (the back side of this double-sided paper is marigold yellow, too). But I also like to layer my paper pieces with ribbon. So I took a length each of gold and thinner brown-stitched ribbon and layered these in between the paper. The sentiment to "wish big" (from the Wish Big Stampin Up set) is stamped in pink. The white card stock is edged in the same. And, even though I was going for simple, I couldn't resist one more embellishment... the white cupcake (same set) heat embossed in the brown paper.


Check back in a couple of days to find out what the "flip flap" is all about.

1 comment:

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

whooowhooo....you know I rarely throw anything away...ok...maybe its NEVER throw anything away!...Way to use your ribbon scraps, sweetie pea!....keep posting your yummy cards...and start submitting them!...love, mommy