Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back home and listing again!

Even though I have found myself on the road a lot this summer, I have managed to be creative on occassion. Today I list on etsy two of my summertime creations.

First, I begin with one of six cards I made on the road while staying in New Rochelle, NY, stopping over between Poughkeepsie, NY, and Hartford, CT.

While shopping in scrap stores, it's not like I seek out Heidi Grace, but I just seem drawn to her. But after all these months of accumulating her product, this is the first time I've used her rub on designs on a card. For shame for shame, especially since I think they go great with this Chatterbox paper. The white pieces, I believe, are textured Bazzil. The ribbon I felt fortunate to have packed enough of for my trip as I think it perfectly finished the card.



After making this next card on my most recent work visit to Poughkeepsie, I've decided to pull out my QK Silhouette and play with some designs before attempting another similar design. Cutting the petals one by one with the QK squeeze - my die cut tool of choice for the road - was devastating to my hand! But isn't it precious anyway?

Looking at my previous blog entry where I discuss more about how I made this card, I notice I forgot to mention the QK font. It's Maggie.


Still more cards to come, so check back soon. I'm also excited to sneak in a few scrap pages. Until then, go to my sister's blog and etsy site to see what she's rolling out for the fall.

No comments: