Sunday, March 16, 2008

Reefilling those Creative Urges

It's not a misspelling. I meant to put that extra "e" in the "reefilling" both in the blog and on the card. A friend from work took me to an art supply store a couple of months ago knowing I am always looking for cool paper to craft with. The silver fiber paper I knew would be used as the basis for an underwater-themed creation. Of course, when we scrap our dive vacation to Aruba this summer, I will be using this paper again.

Talk about recycling/repurposing - I used the grey ribbon from an Ann Taylor bag - just about my favorite place to shop for clothes EVER - to give the card the chance to hang as art work in someone's home or office/cubicle.


I used the Stampin Up classy brass template to dry emboss the circles on the SU Blue Bayou card stock.

Quickutz Sophisticate clear stamp font was used for the phrase with SU Sterling Silver embossing powder.


The crab and fish were cut from QK dies and the scallop was cut from a QK Silhouette image.


The back half of the fish were heat embossed in two layers of color - purple and blue.



I decided to list this item on eBay instead of etsy to test the waters - so to speak! ;)

I am travelling again this week, but I still hope to do some on the road creating. I love Marriott Residence Inn for being able to spread out - just like at home!

Happy St. Patty's Day!